Search This Blog

Saturday 18 December 2010

Congratulations to Dr. Martin Smalley!!!

You voted Smalley your favourite lecturer so far!
As previously promised, I gave him a cookie (I also gave cookies to all the lecturers I could find as they are such brave people taking on 1st year physics students)
As pointed out, my last blog post had many grammatical errors, so I’m editing this one in Microsoft word, like a boss
It has since been found that Bowser always uses windows applications to write his blog posts.
Microsoft: Be what’s on the next level.

Now I’m done trying to sap endorsement money from Microsoft [ahem] Let me tell you something about Smalley, the god among people.

Those who turn up to lectures will know that he teaches mathematics with skill and precision, except from those times he makes the odd mistake [He is only a DEMI-god after all]. He is a lovely gentleman; he shared a bottle of sherry out with our maths practical on Friday! (Sorry M5, we polished off the bottle...) Legends say he can solve a second order differential equation in 5 seconds flat. Without a calculator.
I will miss him when mathematics 1 lectures finish. I might opt to do magnetic in the 3rd year just to witness his charm with numbers. And MAGNETS! He knows how they work, which is talent at it’s finest.
Furthermore, he is the relentless leader of the galactic empire of Physics.



Darth Smallidus shows no mercy at careless students.

That is all for this time children. The soup today was quark, fresh from the neutron star.

Cursed Lab reports! Here are some references for those who take this .doc seriously. A note to that person, find a new hobby.

Also, my thanks to whoever it was who named Smalley as Darth Smallidus in that post on the 1st Year Physics facebook page.
Goodnight everybody! Hope you all get home safetly.

3 comments:

  1. >>Goodnight everybody! Hope you all get home safetly.
    >>Hope you all get home safetly.
    >>safetly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog post with much enthusiasm, however I was shocked indeed appalled to see you wanton use of references. I shall surely not be reading such a blog in the future and I hope you are ashamed for the IEEE system and the referencing with confidence the library so dutifully tried to provide you with.

    Have a great christmas guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macracon: silence you fool!!!!!!!
    Luke: you are that person. Find a hobby.

    ReplyDelete

Play nicely, no dividing by zero :)